To contact us: Phone: 623-877-1510 - E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
A Finer Edge Mfg
CNC Machine and Fabrication
Hobbico Mounting instructions
1. You may cut the wires at the lengths of 2.5 inches to the positive far pole
terminal and 2 inches to the near, curving the wires around in the machined
pocket. Separating the wires will ease placement in the pocket and you will
want to shave some of the raised plastic on the Hobbico housing around the
wires (towards the center) to facilitate the bend and fit into the pocket as
it is a rather compact fit.
2. There are crimp connectors attached to the terminals which you
can remove (pull off) and crimp or solder to your wires. Take care to
connect them for proper directional spin of the starter motor.
3. By removing the upper acorn nut on the Hobbico housing you can
screw on the 5.0mm x .8 hex coupler provided. (Loctite)
4. At this point you can attach the adapter to the Hobbico Housing
using the 5mm cap screw provided.
5. You can then align and drill for the two 3mm (.118") screws also
provided. As an alternative, if you have the tools and
inclination, you could drill and tap the housing for those
screws and avoid the difficulty of putting the nuts on the
screws within the recesses of the housing's backside. If you use
the nuts, I would suggest using loctite to prevent them from
6. Slide the battery on and don't let it jump from your hand from
the startup torque!